• Adam Platt visits Anthos, the most ambitious effort yet from a chef our critic has praised highly in the past. Will Psilakis’s attempt to bring Greece to France and Italy’s level pass muster with the big man?
• Gael Greene steps away from the major openings she’s been hitting and writes up a hidden treasure in the East Village: Tree.
• Tomatoes and corn come under the Robs’ view this week too, even though they’re not technically in season yet.
• Speaking of In Season, this week features a recipe for chili-salted green almonds by Brad Farmerie of Public.
• David Bouley is opening a health-food restaurant next winter with celebrity nutritionist Oz Garcia.
• And finally, in honor of Bring Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day, selections for where to take the little ones for their first power lunches.
The Slowest Food
In Season: Green Almonds
Openings: FR.OG, Suba, Móle, and Paradou Marché.
UWS Opening for Bouley Lite
Power Lunch, Jr. Division
Power Lunch, Jr. Division, Part II [NYM]