Peer into our porky past …Photo: Melissa Hom
Welcome to a Very Special Episode of Grub Street. In honor of National Pork Day, we’re going to turn back the clock and look at some of the most memorable pork moments from our first six and a half months. We remember them as if they were yesterday …
• Who can forget the magic when Cesare Casella and a bevy of fellow pork-loving cooks went upstate to meet the chef’s new breed of pig?
Cesare Casella Invents a New Pig!
• And then there was that time, soon after, when we told you about some delicious heritage pigs available around town.
Heritage Pigs: So Much Tasty History
• One of the guest stars of the Casella post was Spotted Pig chef April Bloomfield. She’s no stranger to pork cookery, as our audience was delighted to find out!
Spotted Pig to Finally Live Up to Its Name
• Grub Street took a turn for the mysterious when we delved into the secrets of the cult of jamón ibérico de bellota, the world’s most prized ham.
The Ham That Drives Men Mad
• And who can forget when we embraced the great crossover tradition and Rob and Robin dropped by bearing a masterful, fetishistic guide for the pork fiend?
For the Pork Fiend [NYM]
Thanks for all the memories!